Email me at email@example.com if you need a quote, or background, on issues that include branding, tourism, redevelopment and historic preservation. A few select clippings mentions in relationship to branding, or other stuff. Some links might require a password:
- Fox News Travel looks at the tradition of house blessings, in the March 1, 2017 What is a House Blessing.
- Country Living magazine’s Maria Carter on January, 27, 2017 looked at the Southern tradition of going by your middle name.
- Teaberry Gum History, Chesterfield Observer, Stuck on You. Writer Rich Griset details the gum’s history while owned by Richmond’s Philip Morris.
- A&P Looks To Sell Brand Names, Bergen Record, by Joan Verdon, Oct. 23, 2015
- Cincinnatti Business Courier, 100-Year Old Startups: Why Two Old Brands Were Reborn by Andy Brownfield. This Aug. 31 piece details the rebirth of the Christian Moerlein and Rookwood Pottery brands.
- Quoted on the new Open Florida program of VISIT FLORIDA, Sarasota Herald-Tribune, March 28, 2007 Tourism marketing tossing away script
- Commends bloggers for digging for info on boondoggle Virginia Center for Performing Arts,
The Hook, Charlottesville, November 2005
- “Delta efficiency push has travelers racing”, Richmond Times Dispatch, July 16, 2005
Delta efficiency push has travelers racing to make flights
- “Uniqueness makes for great destination marketing,” Winchester Star, June 1, 2005
- Richmond Times-Dispatch on Top 5 Growth Companies in Richmond, Cape Fear Publishing, owner of Virginia Living magazine
Old, new Richmond firms form top 5 in growth rankings
- “Mayor takes strong stand for preservation,” Richmond Times-Dispatch, Sept. 16, 2004
- “New Magazine Showcases Virginia,” The Hook, Charlottesville, June, 2003
- Interview in National Geographic Traveler, story on Virginia by Andrew Nelson, October 2003
On the road: down the river of time, in search of the authentic
- Efforts at filing Freedom of Information Act request for Inside Business. “The Cost of Encouraging Public Debate” April 29, 2002.
Way old stuff
- Profile of Peace Frogs founder Catesby Jones, Daily Press, Nov. 28, 1995
Virginian Entrepreneur Operates Peace Frogs Merchandising Empire. (Newport News, Va.)
- Review of Bubba book and companion Bubba magazine, “Bubba Good-Naturedly Fills a Satiric Void,” reviewed by Los Angeles Times, Feb. 18, 1993, By Bob Sipchen.