Online And PRINT
Below, a selection of my writing by subject, some as PDF links, and some linked to online. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Content and Copywriting
- Episcopal Stylebook and Marketing Handbook: This Diocesan Brand Guidelines and Marketing Stylebook is a booklet given out to the entire network of churches, to help them with websites and their marketing. The guidebook includes a style guide, technology stack tips, and overall marketing and branding advice.
- Fairfax, Virginia History Survey, FXVA.com, Fairfax County 2020 Official Visitors Guide, Visit Fairfax, 2020. Marketing copy for the Fairfax County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- The Southgate Leigh Lohman treasure map of Virginia, Virginia Living, March 28, 2017
- Prosperity in Richmond’s Downtown, Style Weekly, June 8, 2005
- Q&A with Arthur Waldron, on U.S./China Policy, Inside Business, interviewed at University of Richmond, March 12, 2001
- Ex. Governor and former presidential candidate Michael Dukakis on Amtrak and railroads in the U.S., August 2001
- Redevelopment on Broad Street, the case against meddling in downtown Richmond, Virginia, April 23, 2001
- Richmond’s Capitol Square Architecture & Design, 2006, Richmond Guide
- Reston, Virginia founder Robert E. Simon, Q&A, Virginia Living Magazine
- Mount Pleasant, Victorian architecture on the Northern Neck of Virginia, from Virginia Living
- Metallic Wonder: The history of the Reynolds Aluminum Headquarters EXO, Now Home to Philip Morris, Inside Business, May 21, 2001
- The Decline of the Colonial Williamsburg Brand, from Brandchannel.com, 2004.
- Q&A with Dr. Helen Rountree, Expert on Virginia’s Indians, from Virginia Living
- The Strange Death of Commander Richard E. Byrd, Style Weekly, 1987
- History of Baltimore’s Noxzema Brand, Inside Business
- How P.C. Amin Built a Richmond Hotel Empire, Inside Business, Nov. 26, 2001
- Branding: Busta Rhymes and Courvoisier Liquor, Inside Business
- Goodbye Pan American World Airways, Style Weekly
- Profile of the Norfolk & Portsmouth Belt Line Railroad, Virginia Business Observer
- Bankable Brand Names After Financial Mergers, Inside Business
- Launching the Redevelopment of Rockett’s Landing, Inside Business
- Richmond, Virginia’s Top Brand Names, Inside Business
- Lakeside Appliance, a regional appliance seller, outlasts Richmond’s Circuit City
- History of Econo-Travel Motels of Norfolk, Virginia
- The Prak Sisters: From Cambodia’s Killing Fields to Richmond, Virginia, Inside Business, March 18, 2002
- Back to School with Perry Ellis, produced by Neely Barnwell and art directed by Tyler Darden, Virginia Living. Sample concept from editing the magazine.